Tuesday 14 December 2021

dune the movie a review

 I went and watched DUNE last night with my oldest son who just had a birthday.

Before I start I should say I regularly read the DUNE series of novels over the Christmas break as i wil again do.. They are one of the few novels I read. I am a non-fiction man.

That said I am a very disappointed man. They have changed the storyline so much.

What are the problems.

Paul Atreides is too young. He is far too young for Chani, No Emperor at all, Jessica was a beautiful sister from the Bene Gesserit is average looking, Duncan Idaho is vastly changed, Liet Kynes becomes a woman black naturally. 

There are massive changes as well. If you are a fan of the books then you will get frustrated by all this.

It is only part one and ends when Paul escapes death and finds Stilgar ( who is vastly different as well. More Stlgar from Dune Messiah.

My son who has never read the books found it hard to understand however the movie is enjoyable but fans will almost find it blasphemous in how some characters are portrayed, the change in storylines and the absence of some important characters.

I think the 1984 film better bit it appears one am one of the few that enjoyed it.

Go and see it

No comments:

Post a Comment