Tuesday 21 December 2021

Dune- the novels.

Following my watching of the current Dune movie and the 1984 original ( and better movie) I have been inspired to re-read the dune set of novels.

Christmas is a good time to do this. The Dune series is  pretty good except for the God Emperor novel however that was necessary for the last two and possibly best novels of the series. The characters change and except for one novel have substance.

Frank Herbert is a wonderful writer and I am not passing over many pages. As i am writing I am on Dune Messiah.

Possibly the most questioned thing would be how are swords and weapons compatible. history tells us swords are antiques when guns and the like arrive however I am happy to have poetic license on that. 

I am a voracious reader but mainly of non-fiction. The fact that Frank Herbert got me to read his novels tells you they are good. I cannot remember how I got to know of Dune but I am glad I did.

Recommended Christmas reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment