Tuesday 16 February 2021

I had a heart attack

 On Saturday morning around 3 am I got up to have a drink of water.  I had a slight pain in my chest. I had this on a few occasions previously but it always went away rather quickly.

This time it did not go away. My youngest son was not amused. ( My oldest son and wife were at Blayney visiting her mother.) He told me to toughen up however I told him I wanted him to drive me to Ryde hospital.

I was ushered in and given several tests. I asked when i might go home as I was Umpiring on both days of the weekend. The nurse told me I would not be umpiring anywhere on the weekend and I was only alive because of my quick action in getting to the hospital. 

I was transported to Royal North Shore by ambulance because they had cardiologists.

It was a mild heart attack but only because I got to the hospital quickly.

I now have to take various pills for the rest of my life and change  my lifestyle somewhat.

I am now home but taking things rather easily.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Sorry to hear Homer.

    Hope you keep well. What sort of "lifestyle changes" you need?

    I worry I have been so sedentary for the last few years in particular - and weight is hard to keep off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,

    more regular exercise, less cheese, more salads, fruits etc.

    ReplyDelete