Monday 22 February 2021

Feeling Old: Children growing up

 both my boys are now working fulltime.

My oldest chose a long route. My wife encouraged him to get into nursing. He is very good with people however this did not work out. This was his turning point. He started on nightfill. He got good at and was even offered the managers job. Absurd at his age. However the best part of the job was finding out there are bad bosses. He started studying community services at TAFE. He enjoyed the course and was offered a job following his placement. He is now very much enjoying himself and studying the degree in community services.

My youngest son got a scholarship to study accounting at UTS. In this he had two six months periods of internship where you work but do not get paid and he did do work. In one instance he flew top Rockhampton! He also did well academically. In half his subjects he gained distinctions and the other half high distinctions. He best me in all my studies!! He is now working at Korda Mentha which is where he wanted to work and I also. He has a good strategic mind and it will eventually used in this field.

Alas both will at some time move from home which I will find very hard.

The times they are a changing

1 comment:

  1. Homer, I have a son at university who doesn't get out of the house enough, and a daughter just staring her tertiary studies who can't wait to leave. I too will be sad when both have left, as I assume will eventually happen.

    ReplyDelete