Wednesday 7 January 2015

The Asian Cup

Tomorrow the Asian cup starts.

Given it is being played in Australia we are now one of the favourites.
I am not sure I agree with this.
We lost all three games in the World cup.
Whilst we played some good football in the first two games our defence was dreadful more so in the last game against Spain.
We had chances to win our first two games but couldn't.

We rely way too much on Tim Cahill who cannot possibly play in the next World cup. We do not have a playmaker and seem to have little plan on what to do because of that.

WE do have three very quick forwards although one wasn't picked. I would have relied on them and had Cahill playing in the most attacking midfield position which made him the player he is not as a forward.

I hope I am wrong. I hope we p[lay good football  pleasing to the eye and we score goals which we have found hard to do.

Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment