Sunday 25 July 2021

Brisbane gets the Olympics

 Brisbane got the 2032 Olympics. There are lots of benefits in getting the Olympics apparently.

Greg Jericho lets loose on these benefits.

This brings back memories to me. The same myths were being said about Sydney gaining the Olympics. All these benefits look different when examined with two eyes.

I remember debating Chris Caton of BT about this with my old mate Peter Martin on ABC radio. My memory fades but I think I made two key points.

1. Only Los Angeles had made money from the Olympics and that was because they already had the infrastructure in place.

2. To take the Olympic stadium as an example it would only be filled when state of Origin , the rugby League grand final was on as well as playing the Kiwis at rugby ( yes it was a long time ago and some world cup qualifiers.

Thus I can say I was proven correct. The only organization that always makes money is the IOC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment