Monday 29 April 2019

The Leaders' debate

Okay I admit it I watched it last night
.
As I said yesterday these 'debates' are highly over-rated.
No-one has ever had a 'knock out punch' indeed I fail to recall a bad mistake from the past.
There are always 'winners however such as last night when the audience thought Bill Shorten won.

I think the expectations last night was Bill Shorten would  either 'lose' or not do well  because he was not 'campaigning' well.

Well he performed well last night. He left it to Morrison to interrupt most of the time, He was confident. I thought Morrison looked anxious. The smiles or smirks on  both men did not endear them to anyone!

The only thing that occurs is the psychological and emotional bounce Shorten will gain for a few days probably only today though

Will the debate matter? No really all people will read or view is the audience verdict and maybe a short grab of some answers. Very few people including me will look at the nest debate on Sky on Friday night.

Some thoughts here from 'experts' courtesy of the Conversation.

I should have been explicit why the 'debates' are usually always good for Opposition Leaders. This is the ONLY time they are on an equal par with the Prime Minister.

No comments:

Post a Comment