Tuesday 23 April 2019

A trip to Lawrence

I visited my brother in Lawrence ( It is between Grafton and Maclean).

A few points

  • There was intermittent showers which was good for a region that was in drought.
  • Traffic still awful before the bridge around Newcastle and just before Raymond Terrace.
  • Far too many Clive Palmer party ads in the country. He is obviously targeting the country vote.
  • Nationals on the nose about water even with the Murray/Darling a long way away
  • Bowraville was never a great little town when I was young and hasn't changed 
  • Petrol was cheaper at Grafton than in Sydney
  • Cattle we saw was not large at all but on a the skinny side
  • The main conversation I heard at one place was why did the Federal government pay for water that has no value at all i.e flood water. They know all about floods near the Clarence river.
  • Scott Morrison must be desperate to allow TV cameras in. ( okay not part of the holiday but I couldn't miss it.)
  • found out SBS has got Monty Python on monday nights. My brother and I knew a lot of the skits.

No comments:

Post a Comment