Thursday 28 September 2017

The Poms hands us the Ashes

I am utterly astounded by the selection of the Ashes squad of the Poms.

It is pretty clear the wickets here will be fast and bouncy. Yes we do have a plethora of fast bowlers but fast and bouncy wickets are the best cricket wickets.

Bowlers win matches and I just cannot see how the poms will get us out twice. Anderson and Broad are way past their best and whilst they can take wickets in England they will struggle in Australia because they are now too slow and once the ball stops swinging  will be fodder. Ali flights the ball as one has to in Australia for a finger spinner but will only tie up an end at best.
Perhaps  one of the uncapped players is a fast bowler who wil perform on our wickets but I doubt it.

Their batting looks suspect as well. Cook whilst solid does not appear to hang around like he did in past years. This leaves root. A lot of pressure on him!

Stokes could do anything. However all rounders are usually inconsistent because of the workload.

I have a pommy friend around for dinner in February. I believe I will be crowing about a our Ashes success whilst drinking red wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment