Wednesday 9 October 2024

the paradox of having little time

 When I first started writing on this blog I had little time. Despite this I found time to read on topics and then write about them. most of the time they were topics I needed to know about anyway however most of my writing occurred at night just before going to bed.

The paradox is now I have plenty of time to read and write yet struggle to write at times. Most of this could probably be explained by the lack of effort on my part. I think my interest is just not there sometimes. This might be explained by me getting older , perhaps by the world getting worse and being overwhelmed by events.

Let us look at some of the current events at present. The western world are afraid to allowing Ukraine to defend itself. Yeah they give them good weapons but there are strict directions on where they can use them. The Middle east shows us what occurs when two peoples who hate each other with a passion. A lot of innocent people die. I think it was Marx who opined the oppressed can be become the oppressors. This is undoubtedly true with regard to Israel. They most certainly di not learn that from the torah. Then we have the USA. how can a man who is a convicted criminal , lies like there is no tomorrow and whose lies are easily disproven be in a very close presidential race? It says a lot about the US electorate.

It is very easy to get depressed about current events. Perhaps that too is a reason for struggling to write.

John Quiggin is my age and he is still writing on so maybe I should see him as an example. Ken Parish is back in the game and he is older than I.  We shall see as I do have plenty of time!

( I was umpiring yesterday so that was the reason, not feeling sorry for myself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment