Monday 8 May 2023

It was a long journey

 My youngest sister's youngest son got married on Sunday near Tweed Heads. We drove to Queensland via Toowoomba and then Brisbane to see relatives on my wife's side before driving to the wedding.

We drove up on friday and it took 12 hours to get to Toowoomba. this was due to two breaks and at least 19 times we had to wait perhaps 5 minutes for road works on the new england highway.

The wedding was interesting. highly secular and I could not get used to people drinking before, during and after the wedding ceremony.

The Pacific Highway is almost all dual carriageway between Brisbane and Sydney save for Coffs Harbour. but it is almighty boring.

Long car trips are not for older people I have now discovered.


Should just add the GPS's in smartphones are very good. We missed a large traffic problem near the bridge on the pacific highway near Newcastle because of my two son's smartphones

No comments:

Post a Comment