Wednesday 29 September 2021

Retirement looms

 My wife is a ( very good) high school science teacher and she reaches retirement age soon. So we were off to see a financial planner ( from Aware).

We learned a lot.  As a married couple we needed to reach a certain figure a year to be comfortable. My wife is on the old super scheme and gets a pension for life as a % of her last salary. We reached it before adding any dividends from our modest stock portfolio (much reduced from when we salary sacrificed into super) and a minimum allocated pension from my Super.

It seems it will be some time until it is safe for my wife to travel as she loves. She simply takes out a small lump sum from either super fund ( she has to have two as a teacher) to pay for it..

Thus at some stage over the next two years neither my wife nor I will be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment