Monday 31 May 2021

A comment on two libel cases

 I do not claim to have any legal expertise at all.

However two recent libel cases has left me quite satisfied. Peter V'landys lost a libel case against the ABC. I actually viewed the program on which his case was based and thought the action was a joke. He was attempting to assert A was B. It seems My thoughts were justified.

The other libel case was Christian Porter's action against the ABC.  Given I assumed the wrong person in both the program and article I again did not think Porter's case was valid at all. We can only speculate on why Porter has given up on the case but it is clear it was not a win for him at all. No compensation, no payment of costs means he got very little.

Both cases show me the law can be other than an ass sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment