Tuesday 2 June 2020

What I did during the Lockdown

The situation in the USA is horrific so I am going to write about fluff now.

During the lockdown we all had plenty of time to do whatever.

Not much on the radio. too much about coronavirus and nothing else.  ABC FM does not play much interesting music from 10. Only blues can heard on monday nights on 102.5 FM.

Politics was different. Watching Trump give press conferences was simply too embarrassing, ABC news channel had too many press conferences .
so onto Television.

The Mentalist is still great viewing. Our own Simon Baker the the star of the show however since I have written about this before I will leave it at that.

Suits is a series my sons tried to get me to watch.  We differ on Megan Markle who stars in it. They think she is beautiful whereas I think she is ordinary. Since they like it a lot I have put it in.

Before writing about the next two I feel I should write about two common tropes about Yank TV shows. The first probably best exemplified in Friends where average looking females are supposedly beautiful.
The second is even super attractive women in a series are ALWAYS single something I have never seen in real life.
so we go to CIS Miami. Apparently there are a few of these series. The acting isn't great and nor are the scripts. No public service department would have such expensive equipment either.
The best asset is easily Emily Proctor whom I knew from The West Wing. She had put on a few pounds but still looked great. Her character was of course single.
I liked the one lineup. when it changed it was not as good.Damned if I knw when that was though.

NCIS is another that had different series hither and thither. It has the problem of the above where money is no object when it is in the public service. It always has 'beautiful' women who are not. It has a ladies man with whom they try ( unsuccessfully) to have sexual chemistry with another female agent. They have a very  wide boss who has been married I think three times. I have never met a wise man who has been married so many times.

It took sometime for them to  find a decent boss. It does look a bit tired these days.

Aggh. I forgot FBI.  I only started to watch this show because the beautiful actress from Forever would be on it. As yet she has to appear. There are only 4 characters on this show. The boss is always a female. The first one is in her mid 50s. the second one in her mid 60s but trying to look mid 50ish.  My favourite actress will look far too young to be a boss!
The two main characters are good. The plots are solid.
We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete