Wednesday 15 November 2017

Bill Clinton should have resigned

It was interesting to read Mathew Yglesias's article saying Bill Clinton should have resigned given the Lewinsky affair.

At the time I believe i was one of the few Bill Clinton supporters ( in that I supported most but not all of his policies) that said he should have resigned.

My reasons were he had breached the trust with his wife and with his daughter. He also should not have tried to have ANY relationship with such a young intern given he was President.

I was on my lonesome and given the article well ahead of time.

I think I should also comments on the 'rape' allegations.( it is linked in the article.)
 My brother is a retired detective. He tells me people's behaviour is pretty consistent.

In this case if we are to believe the allegations Bill Clinton can be both Gollum and Smeagol.

He is your typical ladies man/womaniser. He is very charming and makes the woman believe she is the centre of his universe (see Gennifer Flowers). On the other hand the other Bill Clinton is brusque, forces himself on women, Has sex and leaves abruptly never to be seen again.

Everything I have ever read on Bill Clinton says he is the former never the latter. I might add another accuser , Paula Jones, said Clinton had certain marks on  genitals that he never had!

Postscript

I have been asked if adulterers make good leaders. Unfortunately yes. Clinton, Hawke and Lloyd George were amongst the best leaders their countries ever had and all were serial adulterers!

No comments:

Post a Comment