Monday 28 August 2017

I am not very happy with Virgin

Many moons ago I reluctantly bought a mobile phone ( a nokia) and got on a plan from Virgin in which I only paid for phone calls I made. I got the phone so people could call me. It was mainly my wife and people in sporting associations I was helping.

This is still the case only now my two boys have phones and call me if something occurs.

I got an e-mail from Virgin last week informing me that this plan was to be discontinued but Virgin was going to put me on a you beaut plan where I could get all this date and texts for $30 a month. My annual bill does not get that high!

A few things.

Firstly an e-mail such as this is very in-person.
It was a classic general e-mail . Just a cursory look at my account would show it is very unlikely I would be interested in plans with data and I make few phone-calls.

Consequently I have to decide whether to continue to have a mobile phone or try and find a very cheap plan. I may even have to start texting.

Either way it is bye bye Virgin. The very idea it is customer focused have been shown to be a sham.

No comments:

Post a Comment