Tuesday 31 January 2023

My experience with State polling

 A couple of days ago I got a phone call from EMRS. They asked me which suburb i lived in and the poatcode. I told them and they said great. They wanted to do a poll on the seat of ryde for the NSW election. I told them I was not in Ryde but Epping.  The man was insistent no you are in Ryde.

I told him where Ryse changed into Epping and how eastwood public school had booths for both Ryde and Epping. He wanted to go ahead nevertheless. This we di until the last question which was who I voted for in the last election and who i would vote for in the next election.

I again had to tell him I do not live in the Ryde electorate. now he relented and said he would tell his supervisor!

Kevin Bonham has often told us about how useless these poll seat surveys are. My experience simply confirms this.

No comments:

Post a Comment