Tuesday 8 February 2022

A few points on Christian Schools

 I was going to write how the RBA should be getting interest rates back to 'normal' levels but the 'furore' over 'religious discrimination' leads me away.

First let us get rid of a few furphies.

As afar as I can ascertain no pupil has ever been expelled for simply being homosxual. Indeed this was never called for in previous legislation. None should ever be. The only people who should be expelled are those who publicly parade their sexual activities and will not repent of their actions. It is immediately easy to see that this would apply more to heterosexuals than homosexuals. Given that Schools do not pry into anyone's lives we need to repeat it would apply only to those people who publicly out themselves. Remember this has never occurred in the past.

We then have the problem of transgender children. In this case children are saying God was wrong when they were born. I see no reason to expel them for this however surely the children would talk to their parents and say the Christian school they are at is not appropriate because they are rejecting God.

Can we also at this stage rid ourselves of what I call the Fitzsimmons argument. I do not believe in god and therefore heaven and hell but I am offended when you state my behaviour could send me to hell. People who do not give a toss about God are not going to attempt suicide because they are not going to heaven. They do not care.

Responsible parents would talk to their children. If their children are unhappy at the school or even reject their teaching then they should choose another school.

With regard to  teachers it would be impossible for any teacher to teach at a Christian school if they do not believe only a man and woman who are married can have sex for example  

One thing we can confidently predict is that all Christian schools will be doing a lot of due diligence in future both for enrolments and for employment.

I should also added it seems to me that some people are essentially saying that Christian schools cannot state what they believe in. That would be untenable.

No comments:

Post a Comment