Tuesday 18 February 2020

The Mentalist

I have recently gone back to watching the Mentalist.  I watched it previously on TV because of Simon Baker who is an Aussie and I had watched in the Guardian.

The Mentalist is simply Simon Baker. He makes the show and he dies it superbly.

Read the link to find out about the series . to my mind the series goes in three parts.
There is where Red John is in the background. He is an evil serial killer but very smart. This is very good with wonderful worl chenistry between Jane and Lisbon.
Then there is where Red John is front and centre and is eventually killed. This is boring and Red John goes from being an evil genius to a boofhead.
Lastly there is the part where Jane and others are part of the FBI. It is almost a new series. This is rerrifi. All the characters are great as are the plots. It is almost the perfect way for the series to end.

When the series starts there are some good characters , Cho is my favourite who delivers deapan statements brilliantly and others who are not. such as Rigsby and Van Pell.

My wife say Simon Baker is very handsome so if they were going to go with romance after Red John is dead they needed a beautiful woman. robin Tunney who plays Lisbon is average looking and perhaps the only woman who looks bad in a dress.

If you have not watched the Mentalist previously then watch it online. My sons and I are doing that now and are immensely enjoying it.

It is essential in these times!

No comments:

Post a Comment