Monday 12 August 2019

Film Review The Keeper

I was astonished but pleased my wife wanted to watch the movie called The Keeper which is the life story of Bert Trautmann.
As a kid who unnaturally loved football in Australia the stories of Bert Trautmann was legend. Breaking his neck but playing on in the last 20 minutes of the FA cup was the indeed the stuff of legends.Reading this and other stories in Charles Buchan;s Football Monthly or a football comic called Scorcher was a real thrill for me.

The Movie is essentially in three unequal parts .
Firstly there is Trautmann as a soldier and then POW.
Secondly we have him and his football career.
Lastly there is his first child's death.

He is traumatised by the fact he does nothing to stop a fellow soldier killing an innocent your boy. He feels this is the reason his child is killed. With the help of his wife he eventually moves on.

You do not have to be a football fan to enjoy this film as it is a bewdy. My wife loved the film and she does not like football. If you do enjoy football then the film is more enjoyable.

I highly recommend this film.

Update:

My youngest son also loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment