Monday 12 February 2024

What sound reason is there for an employer to constantly ring an employee when they are not working

 I simply do not get this.The internet really was not around when I was in my working prime. I NEVER got a phonecall outside of of workhours. ( Mon=[bile phones were not around either.)

The closest I ever got was when an employer asked me why I had not completed some work over the weekend. I simply answered I do not get paid on the weekend and I only work when I get paid and since I have a life the weekend is mine.

Just remember the legislation is targeting constant contact by the employer not irregular contact such as ringing up for shifts. 

to say this affects productivity is simply shite unless they are expecting their employees to do untold unpaid overtime!

Am I missing something here?


No comments:

Post a Comment