Wednesday 23 March 2022

My experience with Optus/ NBN

 Three weeks ago on Tuesday we lost our internet connection. This meant no internet, telephone or TV.

It took until Friday for the NBN to fix it. I only found out our wires were on the wrong pole!

On the Sunday I watched a bit of England V West Indies test. I noticed as I drove to church some people of NBN on the exact pole where our wires were.

Sure enough no internet when I got home. After phoning Optus various times we got another NBN technician to come and examine our house. We were told we were not an urgent case as my wife was forced to buy a dongle

One problem it was last Friday when my youngest son had his graduation which had been postponed for over a year. I was informed the technician would be here at 8 when I said no-one would be here at 10. He came at 12.15. Another visit was arranged on the Tuesday.  This came and went. When we again had to ring up. ( The phone call involved over a hour in time) we were told the technician had come and but could not get into the set of apartments. No we live in a house not a unit.

So after two weeks we eventually got another technician who eventually found it was the NBN line. It was just one of those things. No the technicians fiddling around on the pole had done nothing. It must have been the rain.


Aghhhhhhh

1 comment:

  1. There is something to be said for having a landline. Then there are those damn trees. If it is buried, someone digs it up by accident.

    If critical, there are satellite phones.

    It is aggravating when you spend an hour and a half on the phone waiting for the pharmacy to pick up so you can find out if a badly needed prescription is ready.

    Just a lack of respect at times.

    ReplyDelete