Wednesday 12 August 2020

Living with the virus in Sydney

Okay what is it like living in Sydney right now given the virus.

In terms of traffic the stats tell us the numbers are still not at the pre-virus levels although my eldest son who does a lot of driving in his job tells me he thinks traffic appears to be back at normal levels.  It certainly fells like that on the weekend!

I live at Eastwood and am about a 10 minute walk  (in summer) from the train station. In 'normal times my great problem is cars parking outside my house when the space can only accommodate a motor cycle. ( I have had station wagons and even trucks park there.)
At present there are very few cars parked in the street indicating people are not using the train to get to work.

The wearing of masks is mixed. Social distancing is only enforced when someone is doing the enforcing. When no-one is around people are within 1.5 feet  let alone metres!

Remembering as well we used private security  to enforce people in their hotel rooms when returning from overseas then we have been very lucky compared to Victoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment