Wednesday 17 April 2019

Israel Folau, Again it gets very frustrating

I find it bewilderingly frustrating trying to talk to secular people on this topic.

It has been the hot topic on Macquarie Sports Radio. Given I am in convalescence and thus have plenty of free time I have attempted to ring programs on this topic as well as e-mailing. Unfortunately most programs won't let me on the air. I even had one presenter saying since he disagreed with my position he would not list any of my em,ails on air.
I did get to talk to Julian King who is the presenter on evenings ( and I might add easily the best presenter on the network). I hasten to add I regularly ring up to talk on both sports , football and cricket, so there is some sort of relationship there.
Despite me explaining  that Folau did NOT say anyone goes to hell simply because they are homosexual. It is for acts just like acts of fornication and adultery will do the same for heterosexual.
It mattered not Folau was still a bigot and  homophobic.

Moreover why is the Rugby Australia CEO, NSW Rugby CEO, the National Coach, the Captain talk about Rugby being inclusive and Folau being guilty of not observing their diversity policy.
Again Huh. Folau has not talked about who can or should play rugby or the same for watching and viewing et al.  Folau has exhorted through the Star Express of Kings Cross for homosexuals to play rugby!  not the actions of a bigot or homophobe I would have thought.

We now know there is going to be a legal battle  HERE is an interesting opinion I heard yesterday.
I even heard a legal expert on 2GB  say Folau was in a lot of trouble because he said homosexuals go to hell because they are homosexuals. Whoopsy . Bad research. Folau did not say that.

Bear in mind I have only studied Introduction to Law where the only case I ever remembered was Donoghue V Stevenson ( where the Judge sourced the book of Luke). Happy Days.

If any person cannot state their beliefs in a private capacity ( people should remember the perils of hell ( which  Jesus more than any other person talked about) is a leading evangelical device) then free speech is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment