Monday 27 July 2020

The Government's economic statement

Last Thursday we had a sort of economic statement.

A few people wrote articles on ot so I do not.

My only comment is to disagree with Ross Gittins. He says the Government is about to run a contractionary policy. I think it is more accurate to say it is merely less expansionary. They are taking their foot off the accelerator somewhat.

IMHO a contractionary policy is one that detracts from growth whilst an expansionary policy adds to growth.  My back of the envelope calculations has fiscal policy still adding to growth post September

1 comment:

  1. I love reading to improve my knowledge and this kind of blogs helps me to do so, Thanks.I really appreciate your work.If you require about ConsultantsGST Return Filing Services in bangalore | Tax Return Filing in bangalore please click on it.

    ReplyDelete