Wednesday 25 September 2019

Cricket Season starts

You thought I would talk about Trump and his immoral ways? Not yet.

Back in the good old days the local park completion started on the second Saturday in September. I had One and a half cricket on artificial wickets before the Shires competition started.

Alas These days the combined NCU completion does not start until the Saturday after the log weekend in October!

Although football is my favourite sport cricket is a close second but umpiring is way more enjoyable that refereeing.
not sure why but certainly the behaviour is much better. It seems sometimes the threat of a red card only makes some football players worse.

I am starting with a 5th grade match in Burwood and thus all on my lonesome. Hopefully both captains will embrace the spirit of cricket more importantly respecting the oppositions.

Hers hoping

No comments:

Post a Comment