Sunday 25 December 2016

Why do we have hot lunches/dinners in Australia on Christmas day?

When I was growing up my standard question was why are we having a roast on a stinking hot day!

When I got married My wife was on the same wavelength.
So on Christmas day there is plenty of fruit to start with , Watermelon and Pineapple fantastic when it is bloody hot, then come the meal antipasto, smoked salmon and trout and plenty of different salads.
This goes well with Champers but also Moscato which is the only wine my wife drinks.

Hot dinners were a silly relic from England that should have been ditched given our climate. One of the great things Australia has gained from multiculturalism is the wide array of food we can both have and enjoy.

Christmas now can be quite enjoyable at meal time.

No comments:

Post a Comment