I have made a few changes to make it easier to focus on articles people like.
- Bill McBride gives us most of Tanta's post. MUST READ if you are interested in sub-prime, US housing etc
- Via Mark Thoma financial intermediaries and asset quality
- Via Mark Thoma the 1935 version of who built that
- Menzies Chin looks at fiscal policy and ZLB and then Quantitative_easing and currency wars
- Brad De Long on steve-paikin on rethinking keynes and the long run
- David Glasner say no more. There is only one this week!
- well Canada but Nick Rowe looks atA monetary policy target can only be defeated by a better monetary policy target
- Lord Keynes looks at 19th-century-deflation-and-recession-in the USA
- Paul Krugman is disappointed because marco-rubio-has-learned-nothing. He also points out the same suspects who said there was no housing bubble are now saying it was all CRA/Fannie-Freddie Mae's fault now.
- Late but interesting from who else Mark Thoma about trolls-win-rude-blog-comments-dim-the-allure-of-science-online
Austerity in the USA
- Thomas Palley re Janet Yellen
- Mark Thoma gives us Per capita government spending by president
- Mark gives us another related article of Holtz-Eakin
- Jarrod Bernstaein on Janet Yellen
- I forgot this. sorry Ezra. the- government-is-hurting-the-economy-by-spending-too-little/ and this is essential reading as well. Reagan a bigger spender than Obama. ( don't tell Katesy!)
- defends EMH
- The koizumi years macroeconomic puzzle
- The corporate cash puzzle see also this
- David Graeber debt is bad or something
- Simon Wren-johnson on what is attraction of helicopter money
- Jonathan Portes on reflections on green budget don't know what the green budget is? IFS!
- okay Irish but John McHale looks at optimal-debt-policy-for-ireland-warning-wonkish
- Peter Martin finds Liberal voters are less wood-ducks than usual
- Just in a short but valuable piece on budgetary woes. Will catallaxy admit they have been wrong?
- Matt Cowgill looks at australian-minimum-wages/ and why-is-the-participation-rate-falling
- Kaiser Fong has recommended this guy. Try looking at global warming and a random walk and State of the Union fact checker
- Andrew Gelman stories to read. a must read paper, why waste time philosophizing/, Psychology can be improved by adding some economics ?, P values and statistical practice ( my favourite)
Around the traps is popular judging by the statistics I have. thus I have made it very easy to search for them. just type in around the traps and they all come up.