Monday 4 September 2023

Independent contracting is shite

 The government is changing labor place laws and it is about time. however I want to merely rant about independent contracting.

In some few cases where the people are making very good money it will be welcomed however in most cases it won't. contrary to what most spokesmen and women who purport to represent employers it is never a choice. You are given the choice of being an independent contractor or nothing. you do not get a wage, sick leave or recreation leave. you do not get the SGC.

It is a patent way to rip off former or potential employees. I remember it happened to someone I knew who did this for Australia Post. I had a number of job interviews for a position and was actually working when the job changed from either F/T ot P/T job to being an independent contractor. I said no.

It is almost always a ruse to reduce labour costs both in the short term but also the long term.

No comments:

Post a Comment