Wednesday 13 March 2019

Elections, who to vote for, poll roundup and all that stuff

Well we have a State election coming up soon and then a federal election probably in may so why not write about elections and all that stuff.
How I vote
I never vote on policy although I write about it a lot. My voting philosophy is allow a party two terms and two terms only and then vote them out. You vote for whoever is in opposition no matter how poor they seem to be.
Thus I will be voting Labor in both the State and National elections after voting Liberal in previous elections.
This has two clear advantages. A party hopefully will not be in power for too long.
you do not get wedded to one party.

What to watch out for
You read a lot about 'internal party polling. Most of it is pure codswallop and the Journos know it but publish it anyway because they have nothing else to write about. I have little more to add to THIS when I wrote about it in 2016.  I will add THIS on seat polling.
Right you are forewarned.

Poll update
Here is Kevin Bonham's latest article on this  topic.

My Thoughts

I tend to think the NSW election will be very close. normally the Libs should be cantering but the Stadiums issue has bitten very hard. Also the dead fish has lead to changes in the bush re environment and the Nats is seen as having little credibility on this issue.
The Federal election should be a walkover for the ALP. It is clear those in government are terrified about losing their seats and don't care if others do as long as they do not. Hence the support for a coal fired power station by Queensland Nats. The proposal is absurd but they seem to think it may stave off people voting for one nation.
They do not care if most people see this as more instability. It is no coincidence this came after the release of the latest Newspoll.. I expect more outbreaks like this. Indeed I would think it surprising that the government does not resort to desperate measures

No comments:

Post a Comment